Key Stage 1 reading and phonics schemes
The children in Early Years and Key Stage 1 follow the Read Write Inc. phonics scheme. They are assessed half termly and work through the program at a speed appropriate for them. Children in Key Stage 2 can remain on the program to support their reading development.
We use a breadth of reading material in KS1.
- Oxford Reading Tree ( mainly as home readers)
- Read write Inc phonically decodable books (Reading Intervention and Early Reading skills)
- The Bug Club books phonically decodable
- Rigby Starr phonically decodable books.
- There are also a series of guided read books which are from a variety of publishers, mainly Collins Big Cat.
All books are book banded depending on the children’s reading age and ability.
If you require any further information then please contact us.