About Our Governors
Our Governing Body is made up of an elected group of parents, church members (Foundation) , school staff and local authority personnel who give their time voluntarily. The Governing Body’s role within the school is to oversee the running of the school, provide strategic direction and to support the Head Teacher and staff in the effective management and performance of the school.
Our school Governing Body is made up of 12 members under the four categories of: Foundation Governors, Staff Governors, Local Authority Governor and Parent Governors. We currently have 1 associate governor who assists us with finance and there are no Vacancies.
Some of the responsibilities our governors include:
- Setting and monitoring targets for pupil achievement and attainment
- Managing the school’s finances, the building and its resources.
- Agreeing the school’s Curriculum within the National guidelines
- The appointment of staff.
- Monitoring staff performance and pay.
If you would like to know more about becoming a School Governor you can find out more by visiting https://www.gov.uk/become-school-college-governor
Please contact the clerk to governors Gemma Baxendale on 0151 426 6869 if you would like to speak to a member of our school Governing Body.