Returning to school class by class information (22/5/20)
Free School Meals Information (27/5/20)
The Government has changed it stance and will be paying vouchers for half term. Therefore vouchers will be issued tomorrow (28th May 2020), these are the vouchers already sent. The next round of vouchers will then be allocated for the period between 1st June and 5th June for children from Reception to Year 6 who fall into category 1 below. These will be issued later in the week or beginning of next week. You will notice these two vouchers are only for a one week period (£15 each) due to the above mix up regarding government payment.
Since 27th March, Knowsley Council have funded supermarket vouchers for:
1. Children entitled to a means tested free school meal
2. Children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 (who are all eligible for the Universal Infant Free School Meal)
However, the government have made it clear that they will only support those children in receipt of a benefits-related free school meal. This means that there will be no further funding for pupils who would normally receive a non-benefits related Infant Free School Meal.
You can claim Free School Meals if you receive one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-Related Employment Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit and income of less than £16,190 (but not if you are in work and receiving Working Tax Credit)
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit, provided they have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (£616.67 per month)
If your circumstances have changed and you are now eligible for free school meals, please complete the form on the school website, sign it and take it in with proof to one a One Stop Shop or post the form to: Knowsley MBC, Benefits Section, Municipal Buildings, Archway Road, Huyton L36 9YU.
When you receive the text you need to nominate which shop you want your voucher for. At no point should you need to give out and bank details etc, genuine organisations would not contact you to ask for such information. If you receive a letter, email or phone call that you suspect to be bogus, please contact the Citizens Advice Consumer Service on 0808 223 1133 REMEMBER do not give out any personal information to anyone.
Please read the letter CoronaVirus Letter 8 FSM
Please contact school if you have any further questions or concerns.